Sunday, March 27, 2016

Modern Art Museum Stockholm

My days left here are now in the double digits. The Easter weekend is a 4 day holiday and I'm spending it enjoying Stockholm before I have to move away. Moderna Museet i Stockholm is another of the local museums I haven't been to and it is now free. It was a perfect day to go out and visit another museum. The sun was shining but it was still cool (48F) and very windy so it was good to be inside. They have a nice restaurant like many of the museums here. Here's the wonderful view from the restaurant where you can see across the water to Strandvägen and the Nordic Museum / Nordiska Museet.




There was a lovely Easter Sunday lunch buffet with a couple of different pickled herrings, blackened salmon, couscous, and other things. Inexplicably the meat was labeled as Texas Chili and did taste like some Texas BBQ so I was right at home in many ways with this meal. I've grown rather fond of the crispbread / knäckebröd with some butter on it and have a huge wheel of it at home. They were supposed to have gravlax but I was disappointed there wasn't any since it's another favorite I'll miss from here. It's raw salmon cured with salt, sugar, and dill and usually comes with a nice tasting dill and mustard sauce. Swedish food has definitely grown on me during my time here.


The museum has some interesting and unusual art pieces as you would expect in any "modern" art museum. Here's just a few samples of what you can see in this museum if you visit the beautiful city of Stockholm:

Vasa in a bottle

a giant mouse nightmare for this guy

a modern art view of Slussen in Stockholm

this one odd thing out of many much odder things

 "I hope everything is perfectly clear, but if it is too clear you can call me and I will try to make it more obscure." - Salvador Dali

I forget who did it but the lips are a neon light

Andy Warhol (but of course the subject is Marilyn Monroe)

No comments:

Post a Comment