Thursday, October 21, 2021

Ramble On to Tomorrow's New Country

In Riga... leaves are falling all around, it's time we were on our way. Thanks to you we're much obliged for such a pleasant stay, but now it's time for us to go. The autumn moon lights our way...







these are my wife's lovely photos


Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
Leaves are falling all around
It's time I was on my way
Thanks to you I'm much obliged
For such a pleasant stay
But now it's time for me to go
The autumn moon lights my way
For now I smell the rain
And with it pain
And it's headed my way
Ah, sometimes I grow so tired
But I know I've got one thing I got to do
Ramble on
And now's the time, the time is now
To sing my song
I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl
On my way
I've been this way ten years to the day
Ramble on
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams
Got no time for spreadin' roots
The time has come to be gone
And though our health we drank a thousand times
It's time to ramble on...


We're setting out again for Tomorrow's New Country. Here's a talented cover of that short song by one of my favorite bands.


Marillion - Tomorrow's New Country

There are scars in our eyes
From a thousand goodbyes
That was great
You can write
But I won't reply

You know we are the Leavers - I’ll tell you a secret…
It's better to leave us alone
It's been terrific to know you
But we really can't stay
Tomorrow's new country
Calls us home
…for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment