Saturday, January 26, 2019

Arsenāls Art Museum

Arsenāls is a large exhibition hall for art and another part of the Latvian National Museum of Art. They don't have permanent exhibits in this building. The more modern years of the Latvian portraits exhibit are currently on display. It's a great space and I like how the overall art museum is broken up into more manageable chunks in different parts of town. They do charge for each chunk so it may not be so convenient for tourists, but we bought the yearly pass to all of them. We can come and go as we please throughout the year as exhibits change. Here's a look at what's in this one now.

First, a few pics on the way to the museum.



Oh look, a medieval wall! Wasn't there something about walls in the news lately?

 Into the museum





labeled the anti-self-portrait






 






 a circle of life in apples


I've got my eye on you

I've got my many eyes on you


Up the long staircase was a modern art installation about melodrama with a bed to watch it on







back outside were fun bits of snow on the heads as if giant birds had bombed them





1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Love your pictures! I read in one of your stories that you retired from the military after 20 years of service. Thank you for your service. I am about to retire next year with 20 years of service as well and taking the OA to become a FSS as IMS. May I ask you (if you can tell me), in the Online Competency Assessment very technical for the IMS folks or more situational based? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete